Peanut & Chocolate Fat Bombs Recipe
1 cup creamy peanut butter (try to use organic, no sugar added)
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of your favorite keto-friendly sweetener (I prefer Yacon Syrup)
10-12 oz (300-340g) sugar-free dark chocolate chips (I prefer Lankato.com)
***Depending on your health plan and the foods you eat, feel free to add additional add in's such as chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, cranberries, almonds, etc.
1. To prepare the chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe: Line a tray or a large plate with parchment paper. Make sure it fits the inside of your freezer.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter, butter or coconut oil, coconut flour, vanilla extract, sweetener, and salt. Scoop out small balls with a cookie scoop or a spoon and roll between your palms to form a ball. Arrange the fat bombs on the tray then press with a fork to flatten. Place peanut butter fat bombs in the freezer until firm enough for coating.
3. By increments of 30 seconds, melt the chocolate in the microwave (or use the double boiler method) and line another tray or plate with parchment paper.
4. Using a fork, dip each “peanut butter fat bombs” into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. Since the peanut butter mixture softens really fast at room temperature, we suggest you work in batches, keeping peanut butter in the refrigerator as much as possible. Place chocolate fat bombs on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until the chocolate has completely set.
5. Store your fat bombs in the fridge in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage. Enjoy!
***If you would like the shopping links to the Lankato chocolate chips that I use, click here
or to the Yacon syrup I use, click here .